Friday, September 4, 2009

Bald Mountain

Last Saturday (August 29th) we decided to hike to the summit of Bald Mountain in the Uintas.
I was a little nervous that the kids wouldn't be able to do it. But they did great.
It was a perfect hiking day. About 60 degrees, overcast and slightly windy. The kids were so excited. Anna had a tough time at first. It wasn't because she couldn't do it. It was because she didn't want any help getting up the mountain. But it would have taken forever to get to the top because it was so rocky and alot of the rocks were bigger than her. Troy would carry her part of the way and then we would let her walk. Maia and Isaac did great. My kids love the outdoors as much as Troy and I do.

At the trail head. Julie, Asher and Nana Blair went with us, but they only went part of the way. I think it was too cold for Asher. It was good to have them with us. It was a lot of fun.

Isaac was so excited about all these rock ledges on the trail. It made me so nervous to have them up on those rocks. (It was totally safe but I was being a protective mom) You can see me in the lower left of this picture making sure they get down as soon as the picture is taken.


Anna was happy most of the way, but the few pictures I have of her she is crying. Funny huh?



My big girl up at the summit. Maia wanted to summit the mountain first. I was so proud of her. She is such a hiker like her dad.



Anna crying again. I think this time Troy wouldn't let her run around much at the top and she was mad. Isn't the view spectacular?




The pile of rocks at the summit. Almost all of us are looking at the camera.



On our way down. I love the lakes. So beautiful! I was so proud of my kids. They were really proud of themselves that they hiked to the top of a mountain that was over 11,000 feet.

1 comment: