Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Beach in June

After three days at Disneyland/California Adventure, we decided we needed a change of pace. So we went to the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day and the water was perfect. Much different than our last Beach visit up in northwestern Washington three years ago.






Isaac stopped for about two seconds for this shot. he was having so much fun I could barely stop him for a sunscreen break.





Anna borrowed a scoop and bucket from the family sitting next to us. They had a little boy about her age. It was so cute watching the two of them play. The little boy kept handing Anna things and playing with her. I guess it was a two year olds way of hitting on her.














View of the water. It was so beautiful with the waves and the sailboats in the distance.



Troy heading out on a body board that we borrowed from my sister.


Troy "Catching the wave"





"I made it." Troy and Maia loved these boby boards. I don't think I saw Maia for two hours because she was riding the waves so much.





My girls playing in the sand.





Maia digging to China.



It was a beautiful day. The only downfall was having to remember to put money in the meter for the car every hour. Luckily we didn't park too far away.

Afterwards we stopped by to see the Newport Beach Temple. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we were in our swim clothes and it felt a little awkward.

My sister MaryEllen and her husband Quentin.




l.

1 comment:

  1. I love that temple! That area is so gorgeous! I'm glad you guys had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete