Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Green Jello Social



We had our High Priest/Senior Social tonight. My food assignment was to bring a jello salad. I'm already feeling strange going to these socials. (I'm only 20 ten and something) So as a joke I decided to bring the jello salad that is famous for Utah get togethers. The Green Jello Salad with shredded carrots. As we were rolling into the parking lot I was laughing so hard because the jello mold (Bundt shape mind you) was melting and sloshing onto my lap. So we get to the Stake center and I walk up to the table where the other Jello salads lay beautifuly placed on the table. There were two ladies putting spoons in the salads and as I put mine down next to the others. The two Sisters eyes got really BIG! They changed quickly to a loving smile that seemed to understand that I must have done my best.

I felt really embarrased but thought it was still kind of funny. I wanted to leave it in the car but Troy said that I better leave it and we will see what happens. I was sure that people would be screaming by the time they got up to my creation when they lined up to get their dinner buffet style.

To my surprise it was almost half gone by the time I got there. I guess they either ate it out of pity or it really tasted good. Who knows.

5 comments:

  1. You're quite the homemaker! My sister's make fun of me but I can not make jello salad worth a darn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I love it! I'm sure they ate it cause it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. I looked really good and I am sure it tasted good also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha!! that is so funny! Good joke! :) and I am sure it was good also!

    ReplyDelete