Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Art, Dead Animals and 1st Graders

Fieldtrip to the Art Museum and Animal Exhibit


It was a great day. The boys that were in my group were awesome and very respectful. Isaac was thrilled that I was going. The biggest challenge was having to tell the boys it was time to leave. They had so much fun.


Walter Wick is as you know the photographer/designer of the I Spy books. It was so amazing to see the different things that he came up with.


Isaac had such a thoughtful look on his face the whole time, that I knew we would be having our own I Spy type exhibit in our own home.


The wall was painted Orange. So we wouldn't miss the name I guess.



Our guide was was so funny and very informed on the types of art we saw. The kids were so interested.

One of Walter Wicks models that he uses in his photography. So cool!



Then it was off to the museum to look at the dead animals. It didn't smell as dusty to me as before, but the animals were still creepy.


I know this picture is sideways. Sorry. But I thought it was so funny. The boys wanted to pretend that a Kodiak Bear was after them. Boys will be boys.


It was a great day. It is hard to make it to all of the fieldtrips, but it is great when I can.

It was a sunny day too. What luck!











1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I am glad you had a good experience. Usually when I accompany my kids on their field trips they tend to act up and be silly.

    ReplyDelete